Congrats to Roy Halladay for winning the 2010 Cy Young Award.
Pitching won the World Series and yet not a single Giants starter is amongst the nominees for MLB’s This Year In Baseball Awards. Who comes up with the nominees? It almost seems too silly to participate in the voting, but of course I did. If you’d like to vote party, here’s a handy-dandy cheat sheet. Remember you can vote more than once in each category, so make sure you tag every Giant!
Rookie – Buster PoseyCloser – Brian WilsonX-Factor – Pat BurrellExecutive – Brian SabeanManager – Bruce BochyPostseason MVP – Matt Cain, Tim Lincecum, Cody Ross, Brian Wilson
Postseason – Tim Lincecum, Buster Posey, Edgar Renteria, Juan Uribe, Brian Wilson
I’m supposed to be preparing for my trip to Seattle. I have tons to wrap up at work, I have packing to do, but I can’t concentrate. How the heck am I suppose to accomplish anything after last night?
I got home in time to see the Yankees win it and watch the post-game hoopla and I got to wondering what it would feel like to have a team you had an investment with in a game like this, win or lose.
“Why not?” ~ Buster Posey
I am completely confused as to what’s going on. This is not Giants baseball as I have come to know it. 20 runs in two games? Not that I’m complaining, mind you, it’s kind of nice actually. Is this what games are like for other fans? Lots of runs, great defense, no torture? I could get used to it, but on the other hand, the pessimist in me is waiting for the other shoe to drop.
- O’Day now pitching, strikes out Torres. One out.
- Freddy Sanchez up, strikes out. Two out.
- Buster Posey, single to second base. Still two out.
- O’Day replaced by Derek Holland. Nate Schierholtz walks. Buster to 2B. Still two out.
- Cody Ross walks, Posey to 3B, Scheirholtz to 2B. Bases loaded. Still two out.
- Aubrey Huff WALKS. Posey scores. Scheirholtz to 3B. Ross to 2B. Still two out. SFG: 3, TEX: 0.
- Holland out, Lowe in. Walks Juan Uribe. Scheriholtz scores. Ross to 3B. Huff to 2B. Still two out. SFG: 4, TEX: 0.
- Renteria singles to LF, Ross and Huff score. Still two out. SFG: 6, TEX: 0.
- Lowe out, Kirkman in. Aaron Rowand triples to RF, Uribe and Renteria score. Still two out. SFG: 8, TEX: 0.
- Andres Torres doubles to LF, Rowand scores. Still two out. SFG: 9, TEX: 0.
- Freddy Sanchez strikes out swinging. Three out.
The Texas bullpen just died or something. Giants score 7 runs in one inning, two from walks. It was like one of those cake walks at the community fair, where everyone is just walking around in circles waiting for the music to stop. It finally stopped after 7 runs. Of course, as I said above, only 1 run was needed to win this game, so the 8th inning was just icing, but an icing that certainly boosted confidence and hopefully sucked some life out of Texas. I guarantee you there will be a pitchers meeting before Game 3.
|2010||NLDS g2||Oct 8||SFG||ATL||L,4-5||GS-7||6.2||7||1||0||2||6||0||0.00|
|2010||NLCS g3||Oct 19||SFG||PHI||W,3-0||GS-7||7.0||2||0||0||3||5||0||0.00|
|2010||WS g2||Oct 28||SFG||TEX||W,9-0||GS-8||7.2||4||0||0||2||2||0||0.00|
|WORLD SERIES WIN COUNTER|
Slogan by Kevin Kaduk, t-shirt design that would sell millions if I put it on Zazzle (yeah right) by me:
I love day games because I get to watch them. Digitally anyway, as I hide MLB’s Game Day amongst my many open work windows. You would think watching a pixelated baseball game wouldn’t be very exciting but I’ve found that it’s just as interesting as listening to a game on the radio or watching it on TV. Well maybe not “just as….” but pretty close.
Can’t write about Game 3 today because it hasn’t happened yet. Everybody got a day off yesterday so they could bring the fun to San Francisco. So let’s look at more stats!